Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dumbest Easter egg hunt EVER!

Well, we went to the dumbest freakin' easter egg hunt on the planet. I thought it was going to be so cool. I had heard about it on fm100 and it was supposed to be awesome. Over 10,000 easter eggs! Wow, exciting, hu?

Nope. Not at all!

We get there - although 10,00 eggs seem like a heckofa lot. It isn't when there is about 50,000 kids!

So, the good thing was, they didn't start the hunt until all of the kids got through the gates. (It was at "Heritage Park") However, we didn't realize the their were actually areas sectioned off for different age groups. We found that out right about when we heard the gun go off.

We then rushed over to the designated area and it had been maybe 15 seconds -- we couldn't see one egg left in that area.

We had the boys go in -- they both came out with

drum roll, please .......
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
ZERO EGGS!

Fun stuff, hu? So, we promised them we would stop and get them a big candy bar and a drink at the store.

Luckily, we made up for the dumb egg hunt when we stopped at the store.

There was a big firetruck parked in the parking lot and when we came out they must have seen the boys' eyes glisten so they waved them on over to the truck and gave them a personal tour.

Now that was what I call fun!


I decided to take another picture of my ankle, too. It hurts really bad ... I cannot begin to explain to you how badly it hurts up my calf. Those two purple lines you see above my ankle, SO TENDER!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello. I am Maria. Wife to David. Mother to Ayla, Braxton, Benjamin and baby-to-be. Daughter of Bruce, Greg and VeLoy - and of course my Heavenly Father :) Blogging has become one of my favorite things to do lately. I hope you enjoy!