Sunday, August 8, 2010

Two years of marital bliss


David and I had a really wonderful anniversary. Last year, we went out to eat at "The Roof" on temple square. It was beautiful! We picked the perfect time, right as the sun was starting to set. The Temple looked gorgeous and David said, "You know, we should do this every year." I liked the sound of that! Then he added, "only next year, let's go do a session at the temple first, and then come and eat here." So, that is what we did. Let me tell you folks, it was perfect!

David and I decided last month that we really needed to be better about attending the temple on a monthly basis. So, I had heard (when I got married the first time, to be exact) that some people try to be in the temple with their spouse every year on their anniversary at the same time they were married. I thought that that would be so cool to do. But, it never happened. So, as David and I were sitting there thinking how we are going to accomplish this goal, I said, "I know, let's try and go on the 8th of every month. That way, it feels like we are celebrating another month of marriage!" He thought that seemed pretty good so we gave it a shot. When the 8th falls on a Sunday or Monday, we will try to go the Saturday before. We've done it for 3 months and I have to say, it's made it easier going. Dunno why. It just has 8 )

Our anniversary did end up falling on a Sunday, so we went the night before. Thank you Ayla and Auntie Deb for watching Mr. Malachi for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello. I am Maria. Wife to David. Mother to Ayla, Braxton, Benjamin and baby-to-be. Daughter of Bruce, Greg and VeLoy - and of course my Heavenly Father :) Blogging has become one of my favorite things to do lately. I hope you enjoy!